Winter Alert – Don’t Let Your Household Pipes Freeze
With winter here in the Fraser Valley with unexpected cold temperatures, homeowners need to insure that your household pipes don’t freeze.
Tips to Protect Your Household Pipes
What if your pipes did freeze, despite your best preventive measures?
- Don’t panic. Just because they’re frozen doesn’t mean they’ve already burst. Here’s what you can do. If you turn on your faucets and nothing comes out, leave the faucets turned on and contact a plumber.
- Don’t use electrical appliances in areas of standing water. You could be electrocuted.
- Please, never try to thaw a pipe with a torch or other open flame. Because it could cause a fire hazard. Water damage is preferable to burning down your house!
- With a hair dryer you may be able to thaw a frozen pipe – take care about point 2!. Start by warming the pipe as close to the faucet as possible and working toward the coldest section of pipe.
- If your water pipes are already bursted, turn off the water at the main shutoff valve in the house. Leave the water faucets turned on.
Thinking about hiring a Professional Contractor?
M.C. Painting & Renovation is a full service home renovation contractor for all your renovation projects. We handle all customer’s projects d professionally from the design stage to completion with no sub-contracting. We have an A+ rating from BBB. Our companie’s one-on-one service ensures the highest standards of workmanship with a timely “no hassle” completion to all reno projects. For more information contact or call us today!