Prevent the Recurrence of Mold in White Rock BC
If you have an ongoing problem with mold, an extensive renovation to your White Rock home is crucial to eliminate mold at the source. This is especially important if you have infants or small children in the house or people who have health problems like asthma or allergies. Here are some ways to take action to keep your family safe and healthy:
- If moisture is sneaking in to the house from the outside and creating mold from humidity, consider having your home foundation and/or roof waterproofed.
- Discard damaged or moldy items such as furniture, furnishings and anything else that is beyond repair.
- Ensure that the home has been properly vacuumed to get rid of any spores.
- Monitor the humidity in the home using a portable humidifier.
- Make sure you clean the home regularly and inspect any hidden corners to ensure that they are dry.
- Get rid of any clutter in the home to make sure that there is enough circulation in each room.
- Inspect the pipes regularly and fix any leaks promptly.
- Make sure that areas like the bathroom are kept as clean and dry as possible.
- Use exhaust fans and other systems to remove moisture from the room.
The best way to ensure that your home remains safe and free of mold is by ensuring there is adequate ventilation. Sometime something as simple as opening the windows can be very helpful.